Looker configuration details
To enable Masthead for Looker, please follow the next steps:
1. Create a permission set with roles in it
- In the top navigation bar, go to Admin > Roles and click New Permission Set.
- Name your permission set "mastheadps".
- Check the necessary permissions (see list below), and click New Permission Set to save.
2. Create a role
- Navigate to Admin > Roles and click New Role.
- Name your role "mastheadrole".
- Select the permission set you created ("mastheadps").
- Select the appropriate Model Set (typically, All). Click New Role to save.
3. Create a user
- In the top navigation bar, go to Admin > Users and click Add Users.
- Uncheck the Send setup emails option.
- Select the role you created ("mastheadrole").
- Click Add Users to save.
4. Set what content Folders the Masthead User has access to see
- In the top navigation bar, go to Admin > Content Access
- Note: At this point, you can decide which folders to give access to.
- With the Shared folder selected, click Manage Access. If All Users do not already have View or Manage/Edit Access, add the Masthead user you just created with View access.
- Click Save.
- Repeat with the Users folder.
5. Create an API key
- In the top navigation bar, go to Admin > Users and click Edit on the new user you created for Masthead.
- Click Edit Keys and then New API3 Key.
- Copy Host URL, Copy Client ID and Client Secret and save it in Masthead (Integrations -> Looker)